Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today's Praises

Today I met with Corinne for lunch. She shared more about her family, how she prays, we talked about parents, time in Scripture. I eased into letting her know that I'd love to meet regularly every other week if she would like to--for prayer, encouragement, to talk about needs, etc. As we were talking, I shared with her how difficult I see it is for Christians here--"sans beaucoup de soutien, d'encouragement, les autres chretiennes." (without a lot of support, encouragement, other christians) She quietly responded, "But you're here now, and we can 'profiter' a bit from that." I think I almost cried.

So this is what I "do"--I encourage the weary and the young. I ask God to show me how to love them, how to walk with them. Then I go home and look in the mirror and think--I get to do this? What the heck?!

I praise God that he uses us despite ourselves. I praise God that he redeems us. I praise God that he has me here for a reason. And I praise God for Corinne and the others. I praise God for keeping them faithful despite their setting. I praise God for calling them to himself. I praise God for their sweet spirits. I praise God that those he has called he will not abandon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praising God right along with you, from this side of the ocean. He is so good! Thanks for your faithfulness (and openess) in sharing your life through the blog while you're in France. Reading it blesses and encourages me! Love you!

Bethany Pledge said...

Amen, sister.

Coffee Joe said...

It is so true that G-d provides. It is sad to see the young so weary. One is tempted to think that is a new phenomenon. Somehow I doubt it though. And oh how we do benefit from the presence and fellowship of other Christians. It is a thing not to be overlooked.