Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exciting Stuff!

I do hope you are still occasionally checking back in with the blog. I hope its contents are a testimony to the work God, not Jennifer, is doing! The God I believe is good and faithful and his works run the course of history, before and after anyone is privileged to participate.

With that intro, must share! It's been touch and go all spring and summer...will Corine get to go to GBU's summer camp, which serves to train, equip, and encourage students from all over France to go back and be servants and lights for him in the midst of their campuses and GBU? Here's the drama in nutshell version.

Heard via email that Corine had talked to her mother and father. Mother said okay.
Talked with Natacha (for 2 hours!) and she said that Corine's mother and father had decided in the end, No.
Nari called Corine to convince her to some how go.
I emailed Corine encouraging her in the midst of this disappointment.
30something hours before camp departure, I receive a two sentence email from Corine--Will write more later, but I'm going to camp. Mother changed her mind and father is now ambivalent.
JUST received an email from Corine, returned from camp, ON FIRE! She was encouraged, ready to step into leadership with Compiegne GBU, and has lots of ideas for outreach.
Yay God!

Ladies and gentlemen, these are the prayers of SO many on this globe at work. I came across the title of a book, Following Jesus Without Dishonoring Your Parents. While I have yet to read this, for a good part of this year in France, this has been my discipleship question with Corine--how do I encourage her to wholeheartedly run after Jesus without dishonoring her parents? I am still learning what the answer in practice looks like to this question, but I know this...God is the best parent ever, working all things to his kids' good...and one of his daughters on one side of the Atlantic is praising him for his kindness to a daughter on the other.

In a word, I am "giddy."

More in the next entry on discipleship but this was a piece of the whole.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing the exciting news! Praise God!