Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Afternoon Chat

After a long hiatus from skype, that magical system that lets me keep up with one million gazillion relationships that at any one point in time span one side of the globe and back around, I signed back on this afternoon for a chat with Natacha.

Oh my goodness! If I could leave for Compiegne tomorrow I would. It was wonderful to get a voice to voice, camera to camera update from her, exchange our news, plan for time in France in a little over two weeks, and pray together. I love praying with Natacha because always the response is "J'aimerais bien," meaning I would like to very much. It continues even over distance and time to be a privilege to walk with her and others through brief emails, skype chats, facebook messages. God continues to raise her up in enthusiasm and joy to be a thoughtful Christian who is contagious.

Someone told me today during a class break that they forget I'm Texan because I don't have much of an accent or seem to want to go back to the "motherland." I laughed and said, "Well, France is the motherland."

How does God wire us with other places so deeply imbedded in us we cannot shake it as much as we try?

To Natacha, skype, God's hand of goodness, and the land of France!

2 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Hey Jennifer! I've just discovered your blog,(but actually I think you've sent it to me before, ages ago). Great to hear your able to get back to France. I hope it's a really good time. I went back to Cambodia this past summer, and it was such a great experience. Anyway, I'll check back here to find out how it all went. All the best!

robin in alabama said...

It is good to see people sharing the gospel in France. I am praying for France too. I will be watching and praying for your work in France. May God use you today.