Monday, September 17, 2007

While I'm Waiting

I'm anxiously waiting to hear where and when I can begin serving at L'Arche after spending three days last week in "discovery," as they termed it. Hopefully, I will help out in the mornings 9-12 with their adult activities, since activity is my speciality. :) I had hoped to begin this morning, but since the French clock runs differently from the American clock, it may be a little later in the day or tomorrow before I am confirmed. This afternoon I need to run around town and take care of a few business items, such as banking, bill-paying, and French course enrollment. As with L'Arche, all of these tasks have been repeatedly pursued within the last couple of weeks, and I am learning to have patience with the cultural differences in how to go about things, both in terms of time and process. I'm excited for this evening, as I will attend a L'Oise Valley "Pastorale" with Dave and Thad to connect with area pastors and churches.

While I wait, however, am doing a little Bible study and also thought I would post this below. I wrote this in one of my graduate school applications and have decided to adopt it as my life theme. I've always clung to various Scriptures in different seasons but have never alighted on a verse as this that seems to be the overarching principle and promise of my life. The phrases written before the verse came in one of those great moments of clarity when a brief life can be assessed and what is to be lived can be dreamed in the context of what I pray captures the essence of my earthly life.


Speaking Truth. Loving Lavishly. Serving Fully. Living Boldly.


“But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.”

II Timothy 1:12

No comments: