Monday, January 7, 2008

Day of Prayer and News Article

GREATER EUROPE MISSION DAY OF PRAYER FOR EUROPE

Join Greater Europe Mission, its missionaries, supporters, and all others who long to see Jesus lifted up on the continent of Europe tomorrow, January 8th, for the Day of Prayer for Europe. GEM has provided five points around which our prayers may center and many participants are participating in a fast. I invite you to join your prayers with the prayers of the people in your home, small groups, church services, and private prayer time tomorrow and all this week. Let us focus our prayer efforts on an oft-forgotten by many but loved by Jesus corner of the world--Europe!!!

http://www.gemission.org/DayOfPrayer/DayOfPrayerDetails.asp

Please also pray for GBU as we meet together tomorrow night to kick off 2008 with a word of encouragement and prayer together for the university, fellow students, our group, and what God is doing in France.

News article
On another unrelated note, please read this article. It provided my good laugh for the day and it's why I love France, really. One minute they say a private life is a private life and no one's business when Sarkozy divorces. The next minute their President no longer "a le droit" ["has the right"--a personal favorite expression of mine I hear oh, about three times a day] to parade his private life dressed up as a pretty girlfriend around to other countries because of appearances. It's "disrespectful of the citizenry" and his girlfriend, former model now singer, "doesn't at all have the image of a first lady of France." As my French tutor said of the language so I also say of the culture, "It has no logic."

4 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have enjoyed your blog and praise God for your heart and service for France...!

I was hoping that you could put a link to www.PrayforFrance.org on your blog. I would have e-mailed you but it doesn't look like I can do that through your blog..

Thanks for your consideration!

In Christ,

Dave Broussard
Christian Community Foundation of France
www.ccfof.org
www.PrayforFrance.org

Jennifer Aycock said...

Bien sur, I can add it to the link list. If you have more information on prayer for France in general, etc. I'd be happy to know and have it and include more information about prayer movements here in future blogs. Interesting conversation with a new French Christian last week about the growth of evangelical Christianity in France. He said in a recent secular French "World Religions" magazine publication, Islam and evangelical Christianity were found to be par for the course in terms of growth in France even though statistically more Muslims than evangelicals live here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jennifer!

Incidentally, I'm going to be meeting your pastor Pierre in a couple weeks during his trip to Atlanta. Jacky Minard of Objectif France (www.objectiffrance.fr) who leads the 40 days of prayer movement in France (and who is one of our partners) met a writer for the National Pastors Prayer Network during his visit with GEM missionaries outside of Paris. Jacky connected me with him and I found out very quickly that he lived about 5 minutes from me outside of Marietta. He just contacted me and wanted me to meet the pastor (who confirmed that you went to his church!)....

I'm really looking forward to it!

Here are a couple more links to prayer initiatives for France:

www.objectiffrance.fr
ccea.sentinelles.free.fr
www.24-7priere.com
www.upfsa.co.za

Each of these is interesting, but I would say that Objectif France is probably the best for overall prayer meetings/events.

Jennifer Aycock said...

Thanks for the links; check out the new addition to the page. Hope the meeting goes well with Pierre. Excited for his trip!